Star Way to 68-Cannes Festival, May 2015
GET ON THE VIP LIST FOR ENTERTAINMENT TIPS AND INSPIRATION EVERY WEEK!
Cannes Festival is a top social and cultural event of the year. From 13 to 24 May Stars & Sparks went to the French Riviera to attend the 68th annual Festival De Cannes which is one of the most renowned and important film festivals in the world. This year the film festival’s poster featured Swedish actress Ingrid Bergman who played Ilsa Lund (Laszlo) in legendary Casablanca. Ingrid, ranked 4th in the top movie stars of the century, could be 100 years old in 2015.
Naturally, Stars & Sparks could not miss such an important social event. We spent 11 fantastic days in French Riviera, attended numerous VIP receptions, magnificent parties in the best nightclubs, villas and luxury yachts.
What will the world remember this year’s festival for?
- The festival’s opening film was Standing Tall directed by Emmanuelle Berco. This was the second opening film in the festival’s history to have been directed by a woman ;
- Red carpet selfies were banned;
- Natalie Portman made her directorial debut with A Tale of Love and Darkness;
- Coen Brothers were the Presidents of the Jury for the main competition. It was the first time that two people chaired the jury;
- Mad Max: Fury Road was one of the most exciting movie premieres;
- For the first time in the history of the film festival Uber launched helicopter taxi which cost $180;
- The Palme d’Or was awarded to the French film Dheepan directed by Jacques Audiard.
Here is what Stars & Sparks will remember the Cannes Film Festival for. We:
- Spent 13 nights partying in Cannes;
- Made 7 helicopter taxi rides;
- Attended 8 VIP receptions;
- Drank 150 liters of Champaign;
- Saw 2 movie premiers, Mad Max 2 and Inside Out;
- Had a drink with celebrity rappers Tyga, Chris Brown, Snoop Dog behind the scenes;
- Discovered what fun is for Great Gatsby: we were invited to a private party at Leonardo Di Caprio’s villa.
Do you want to feel the thrill of a night out at the French Riviera in Cannes? Luxury backstage rarely makes it to official news reports. Stars & Sparks will share with you our first-hand experience of social life in Cannes, for Stars & Sparks witnessed and participated in fantastic events! You will find more on clubbing at Cannes Festival in our next article ….
See you in May 2016, Cannes!
Stars & Sparks is your road to stars!